Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Global:Gulf countries proving to be fashion hubs - Cinco

 


Michael Cinco, one of gulf regions finest fashion designers, showcased his latest Autumn Winter Collections for the year 2010 on April 6, 2010, at the Godolphin Ballroom of the Jumeirah Emirates Towers.

With an excitement, of his collections being featured, in the second annual fashion calendar, Michael Cinco, in a chat with fibre2fashion speaks about his experiences in the fashion industry, his signature styles and concepts, fashion shows and more.

On questioning about his tenure in the fashion and glamour industry, and his experience following it, he replied, “As a child I was enthralled watching Hollywood female movie stars in black and white. It is then that I realized I wanted to be a part of this wonderful industry.

It’s been 17 years in the industry and every moment in my life has been challenging for me, so as to create a unique design that, will make every woman look like a Hollywood star. The best moment, according to me, is when the most fashionable people in the industry appreciate your unique creations.”

Cinco’s design philosophy as a designer is based purely on aesthetics. He says, “My design aesthetics is classy and fabulous. Also, for a woman, it’s not necessary to follow the on-going trends all the time. What she wears and how, should be of her own choice and that for me, is вЂstyle’, an вЂindividual’ statement that is above the on-going trend.”

Continuing with his explanation on style, “As I said, style is an expression of individualism mixed with charisma. And fashion is something that comes after style. Its unnecessary for clothes to always be overly dramatic and outlandish, just to create drama and attention. Style can neither be seen nor touched. It is felt within your soul.”

Other than Dubai fashion week, Cinco has also participated in Miami Fashion Week and Philippine Fashion Week and he is likely to participate this year, in the New York Couture Fashion Week.

Speaking about his latest Autumn Winter 2010 collection that Cinco showcased at the Dubai Fashion Week 2010 he said that, “My collection is inspired by my favorite opera, вЂMadame Butterfly’.

From culture to people to the cherry blossoms, the colours and also the character of Cho Cho San, the lead actress of the opera, were displayed in my creations. These are things that first strike my mind when I think about Japan, its culture and the opera.”

Speaking about his attraction towards Dubai fashion week that keeps bringing him back, season after season, Cinco said, “I think this fashion week is an excellent platform for all the UAE based designers, to put forth their creations to the world.

It gives an excellent exposure for designers like me to inform other international markets that the fashion business in Gulf countries is thriving and is luckily not affected by the economic downturn. More so, Arab women from UAE, Saudi and other Gulf countries comprise most of the clientele for the European designers, from Paris and Milan.”
 



MINI Countryman, fourth model in lineup, revealed at Milan launch partyUAE:Discover splendor of вЂMichael Cinco’ at Dubai Fashion Week